Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday- dedicated to hubby



Today is the day before our 11 year anniversary! It’s seems like yesterday I was preparing to walk down the aisle, nervous as could be and excited as ever. Then, I blink and 11 years later we have 4 amazing little chickies and a wonderful life together. I am thankful that God has blessed us in ways some could never imagine.
Each year I grow more and more in love with Franklin, even though some of those years were tough (smirking). I think everyone goes through those highs and lows, but its part of life, a season. I am thankful for those moments, b/c it makes us who we are today and we strive to be for tomorrow.
So with that being said I am most thankful for the man God has created for me to live my life with. We are living a good life, rich in all the blessings! We are working on making things better everyday. It’s the little things that all add up in the end.
I am thankful for a man who goes out and works hard each and every day. He puts everything into whatever task is at hand and does it with 110%. I respect that about him! He doesn’t take the lazy man’s approach to anything, no half-assing it for him. He believes in doing it the right way, all the way!
I am thankful that he’s eager to provide for our family and loves what he does. He always tells me, “when you love what you do, it’s fun!” (now, granted there are days when he gets frustrated at work, but I think his love of being able to fly far out weigh them.) I am very thankful that his parents instilled good work ethics in him.
I am thankful that he loves me, despite all my flaws. I am thankful that he wants me and only me and tells me that each and every day. I may take it for granted, but I really do treasure how much he really loves me. Some people search their whole lives for that. I am blessed to know what that feels like 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week. No matter what I feel like, fat, sloppy, ugly…he tells me how beautiful I am! I am thankful that I don’t have a hubby to tell me what I need to do better or to dress a different way or not to wear those shoes. (I’m a flip-flop girl) :)
I am thankful that Franklin and I can just be silly a lot! We have fun with each other, we like to joke around and kid each other. I know this may sound funny or childish, but we still chase each other around and I love that about us! We treasure those times together!
Most of all I am thankful for the many more years to come with each other. I pray that we grow old together and get to joyfully watch our daughters become Godly women and create their own loving families. I want to sit on rocking chairs, holding hands watching all the children play and remember the days…


Photo taken by Mabel Howe
This song is so appropriate for us…I dedicate this song to the most loving, gracious, giving man…this is for you Honey! This is for us!!!


Blogaholic Designs”=

1 comment:

Delaney said...

So sweet!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com