Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I came across this great idea for this idea at Grace Alone


Today I am thankful for my little girls.  Without them I would not answer to the names; Mommy, Mom, Mama, and Mooooooooooommy!  I treasure everyday God has given me with them.  They are amazing little miracles.  I am thankful I have the good book, the Bible, to turn for answers, scriptures, and devotional reading.  It helps me realize it’s not about me, it’s all about him and that I live a life to reflect that.  While I was doing a reading this morning I can across short story titled “Without Children”.  It got me thinking, so here it is:

“What a boring and depressing world this would be without children! Just think there would be no need for lollipops, cotton candy, or licorice.  Ponies would be out of work.  Amusement parks without carousels would be obsolete.  Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny would have to retire.  And nobody would care when a baby robin fell out of its nest.
Infectious giggles would never be heard, and “peek-a-boo” would disappear from the English language.  If there were no children, who would make grandparents smile, who would play pat-a-cake, and who would try to whistle with crackers in his mouth? Balloons would never pop, milk would rarely spill, and sticky hands from chocolate bars would be a thing of the past.
     Without children there would be no use for toy trains, dolls that walk and talk, or Jack in the Box. Barney the Purple dinosaur would have no one to hug, and Kermit the Frog would just turn green and die.  Caterpillars wouldn’t get stroked, and turtles would never get to sleep in the house. All in all, life would be a real drag. 
     Let’s face it; children are the essence of life.  They are joy and love personified.”

                              On Raising Children
                                          Mary Hollingsworth








My vibrant little chickies playing on the beach, early morning! 


3 comments:

A World of Loveliness said...

Children are truly a blessing from the Lord!! My sons are now 20 and 23 and are so very precious.:)
I enjoyed reading your post. God bless!

Denise said...

Children are blessed treasures straight from God's heart.

Trish said...

What a wonderful thing to be thankful for!