Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Meditation
“The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. 
  You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.”
(Psalm 51:17)

(my new coffee/tea mug, from Anthropologie ! I love it!)

I am preparing for my first mission trip next month!  It’s July 2-9, in Eleuthera, Bahamas.  I am currently waiting for my passport, fingers crossed!
I found a little devotional study to do daily before I go.  This verse is about renewing your Spirit.  I so needed to read this, there’s a reason they prepared the material in the order they did.  I decided I would keep a journal about it all too, but I will only spare you on Monday’s or when the mood strikes me J
I am usually a very quiet, private person when it comes to my faith.  I will explain why…I am going to open my self and expose my heart. 
Preparing for a mission trip to Eleuthera.  I’ve always wanted to go and this year I am able to go!  I’m going alone, meaning without hubby.  I’m going with 20 or so other people from church.  We are going to be working on a health clinic.  I’m very excited to see what God has in store for me, but also extremely nervous.  I feel like I will be the ‘weakest link’.  I feel like I don’t have the right words to say and I get really fumblely and my face turns bright red.  I pray that God can work in me and through me, giving me the right words to say when needed. 

“Lord, I am broken and I know you will not reject me.  Please make me clean and renew the loyal spirit in me.  I know all that I do is for you, so continue teaching me your ways everyday.” ~Amen

No comments: