Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Change me....


1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
2 To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
Isaiah 61:1-3

This was my devotional for today…what a good one!  Once again, it’s a in your face message.  I’ve been feeling lazy, out of shape, not happy with myself the last month or so.  I had a little breakdown Monday, when I had to wear my bathing suit for a day of boating, never fun when the other ladies are thin. 

After reading these verses, it awakened me. You know when you buy an ugly piece of fruit or vegetable and think how can something this misshaped, lumpy, and bumpy thing be turned into something so yummy!  (and healthy of course) It made me think of an avocado.  It’s bruised, squishy, and misshapen.  Well, mix it with some salt and pepper, tomatoes, onion and viola, you have guacamole.  YUMMY! 

Well that’s me.  Misshapen, to be sure; I am no long and lean supermodel.  But what I have in common with that avocado is potential!
God wants us to experience His willingness to turn our sadness into joy our ashes into something beautiful. It’s like a muscle we’ve begun to exercise; our faith in what God will do in our lives is strengthened with its use. 

Lord, I am humbled to know you know everything about me inside and out.  You know my sadness…I ask that you give me the mindset to turn my ‘ashes’ into something beautiful by Your Love.  Help me today to bring joy to other people and encourage those who are down.  Display Your Love through my every word and deed. ~Amen
P.S. Give me the strength to get up and MOVE it to loose it!!! 




I’m linking up this post with Parenting by Dummies for Wordful Wednesday.

No comments: