Wednesday, February 8, 2012

GOD is Constant

Welcome Wednesday


Good Morning all...


Over the next little while I want to share some thoughts to think about when reading Proverbs 31. I am by means no expert, nor would I ever lead a Bible Study about this or get up and talk about it in front an audience...typing it out is way easier for me and I can get all my thoughts out with feeling embarrassed and judge, (yes another struggle of mine).  I need God everyday because of all these insecurities and inadequacies.  


I am part a group that meets at our church 2 times a month, called Mom2Mom.  It's a great way to get out of the house and socialize and learn with other Mom's.  I always look forward to going, eager to learn what God wants to show me.  Yesterday was no different!  I was especially excited because we were having a guest speaker, Jill Feck.  She has an amazing heart for God and is full of wisdom to share, she homeschools her 4 children, and leads Bible Studies for women and married couples.  She is virtuous woman, indeed!


Yesterday Jill talked about how we are to make God our constant in our lives, and one of those ways is by "submitting" to our husbands.    She shared how we can make our marriages better and how to make those changes in being a Proverbs 31 woman.  She had a great breakdown about what those verses mean today. (I need to get them and I will share them with you.) 


In the meantime, I am going to share some things that I got out of it, How to Treasure your Husband by keeping God our Constant. 


Proverbs 31:10 "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."


Well!  Where do we even start. I often think, am I that to my hubby?  Don't I want to be that treasure to him, YES!  Here are some things that I should NOT do:



  • I should not rival my husband
   [rival]: 1. a person who is competing for the same object or
              goaas another, or who tries to equal or outdo
              another; competitor.
   
       2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute
          another's superiority: 

          Dictionary.com



  • Complain about all the housework I do
  • Charge everything just because I want it or it's on sale. (learned this lesson-not doing it again)
  • I should not be greedy or selfish
  • he doesn't want to hear me gossip and I shouldn't be doing it with others either.
  • I should not spend my day in leisure, while he's out working for our family. (examples: shopping just because, emailing, unless with purpose, web browsing, late movies and sleeping in- I am convicted)
  • I should not disrespect or criticize him. 
  • letting outer beauty over-rule inner beauty, such as worrying about weight.
WOW, feeling so convicted...no day like today to start praying and asking God for the strength to change me.




 Lord, I am guilty of so many of those things.  Please guide me in making the conscious decisions to take a step back and re-evaluate the way I speak to and of my husband.  Guide me in my devotional time and make it meaningful and apply it to my life.  I want to be in your word everyday and focus on those things for my family. In your name I pray. 
AMEN! 




I realized that we need an updated picture...

















































3 comments:

Patricia said...

I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing. Following via Welcome Wednesday. I am your newest follower.

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by today. Yeah, my whole blog is geared toward helping others, and MYSELF, become more like the famous Proverbs 31 lady. Love your post:)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great blog!! Happily following via Welcome Wednesday. I hope you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!